Maximum quality. Contact us to learn about our support and facilities.
Periodontal disease consists of the build-up of dental plaque in our mouth and affects the gums and the bone that hold the teeth. These days, this is the biggest cause of tooth loss.
In general it does not cause pain until it is very advanced, going unnoticed by patients. This is why it is so important to visit the dentist if you suffer from any of the following symptoms:
SYMPTOMS OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE
- Bleeding gums: this can happen when brushing the teeth or even spontaneously and is one of the most common early signs. This should tell us that something is going wrong. Healthy gums should not bleed. If they do, this means there is a small injury that is acting as a point of contact with the outside, contaminating the area under the gum.
- Receding gums, exposing the roots of the teeth.
- Appearance of gaps between the teeth.
- Gums detached from the tooth.
- Movement of teeth or displacement.
- Appearance of gumboils with severe pain: this is indicative of a more advanced stage and requires surgical or even regenerative treatment.
- Bad breath.
Bacteria responsible for gingivitis and periodontitis produce bad odour gases in the oral cavity. With the help of a device called OralChrome, we can measure the level of such sulphurous gases and determine which is the best treatment to follow.
Cambra Clinic: Your trusted Dentist in Barcelona.